Sunday, October 15, 2006

An Offering...

In this fast paced reel called life do we get time to stop,think and do things that make us feel good,better?More than time,do we make a conscious effort to add value to our lives?Make it far more richer,not in the material sense but rather in terms of how we feel.Moments which give us a sense of direction...make our live far more fulfiiling. It is true that there can be different things which can make a person happy,but then there are those true moments when you genuinely feel happy,light,unbound....And this is a highly dependent upon the person one is talking about.
October 14th,2006 was the last Saturday in the month of Puratasi. This was accidentally brought to my notice by P.It was 7.21pm and the last few hours had been spent looking at some atomic data and a decision was taken to attend the weekly VS meeting at PBs place.So the next few minutes were spent walking to Press,"the great hangout" in the minds of a few people who had spent a small part of their lives there!As usual people started trickling in and the session started at 8pm or so.S was excited that it was a Puratasi Saturday and was suprised that PB had not made any sweets to offer to Lord Venkateshwara.LA and VS were recited as usual .All this culminated with PB doing the aarthi and handing out the prasad.Then the most unexpected came.And it did come at the right time...atleast for me.Brilliant,Refreshing and Stimulating.A vocal Offering to the Lord.SS sang devotedly which did quite a few times transform me to a different world...paint pictures of Sri Ranganatha,Krishna,Malayappa..all in the mental world.One had to be there to feel the magnetic effect.An offering so spontaneous,pure and touching.In particular "Kurai Onrum Illai" was moving,touching..down deep that one could feel the soul resonate with the divine.Do we really have worries?Or are they just manifestation of our mind?A state that could be healed...All it took was to be just present there when the offering to the Almighty was made.It begs the question "Is HE so compassionate,that the moment when you forget everything else and just meditate on Him,there seem to be no worries whatsoever?"Or is it "something to do with stuff like NLP"?I do not want to answer it.I was just happy to be there when the offering was made. As i walked down the steps,Kurai Onrum IIlai was on my lips...everything felt light..happy.It was hardly 5 minutes, my next door neighbours(they havent said a Hi to me from the day I have been here) knocked on the Door to ask me if I wanted Prasad from the temple."Sure, why not"was my reply. I reread the mail from SM,curled up my legs and played M.S's Kurai Onrum Illai.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Is HE so compassionate,that the moment when you forget everything else and just meditate on Him,there seem to be no worries whatsoever?" yes..i dunno much about NLP but in surrender, unlike NLP, you don't have to program yourself - the mind leading the mind..that's just like the blind leading the blind. When you surrender, as you say, you just leave everything behind and don't suffer any more because your worries aren't yours any more..you don't think(worry) about it..there's some lightness in your mind. Anyways, now that i've parroted wat i had read somewhere else, here's something which might really interest you:
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/mag/2002/12/22/stories/2002122200220100.htm

Anonymous #13

The Doodler said...

I say a lot of prayers/mantras and I do like it a lot. But I feel that with music comes an almost painless and effortless focus of mind on the Almighty! "Nadopasana" - Upasana of Music - is indeed the best way to lose onself in God! :)

You know, one of my friends always tells me that the world usually returns what we feel toward it. You were feeling peaceful and happy and I guess your neighbors somehow "sensed" it! :))

Glad I could somehow touch your life peacefully for a few moments!